Thursday, May 22, 2014

Just thinking out loud

This picture I did is so typical of so many things. It is absolutely stunning to me but for goodness sakes what is it? I hadn't planned on painting this when I started and God knows it certainly fits into my collection. Lots of um, I don't knows. I am wondering if anyone else out there has experienced this?

It's like you want to paint and create, but you don't have clue one about what you want or are going to paint so you just start. The colors and the brushes seem to do the rest. That's  kind of funny now that I am sharing this with you It is leading me to a conclusion about the things we create. I am starting to think that it's like the old adage "all art is a reflection of the artist life." Not so much to say that the picture resembles any part of my life other than the lack of direction. I mean there is a path that I am purposefully heading down that is obvious. If not for a certain amount of planned navigation I wouldn't be painting at all. So by doing the art and continuing to write I have obviously chosen where I want to go. I just haven't fine tuned it yet. I haven't planned a specific goal or outcome that I would like to achieve through all this. I wonder, do you think when I do I will have a set picture in mind when I sit down to paint? Hmmmm.

In either event painting and writing are in my soul. I do them because they are part of me. There are things about me, who I am, that otherwise would never be seen by anyone. I simply have no other means of expressing them. It is funny even trying to relate in conversation something that I said when I was writing somehow just doesn't come out the same. Words spoken are not my forte that is certain. But give me a pen and ink and I can say just about anything. So again another epiphany. That's two in one blog! My art then I am seeing as my way of communicating with myself. And my writing my way of communicating to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment